Sunday, December 6, 2009

High Hopes

I leave back to Colorado on Friday evening. I'm excited to get back, don't get me wrong. But I am really going to miss it here. I feel like I'm going home to a lot of things I don't want to face and I won't have my support system from Cali to help me out.
Last night, Vanessa, Traci, Raechel and I stayed up till 3 am talking in my room. We agreed that it's going to be weird to be away from Vanguard for a month. And it'll just be a bummer that when we get back, things won't necessarily be the same on 2 North (as we are getting new girls and certain girls are leaving, etc.)
When you get so used to a place and you love it, it's hard to leave. It'll be even harder to come back and realize things might be different. :-/

BUT...I am determined to do a lot of new things next semester. As Vanessa said, this semester we got to know each other, and next semester is when we LIVE OUT that relationship. :)
Side note here--I am so thankful for Vanessa. No matter how random they say the roommate selection was, I know God wanted us to be together in this room.

Anyway, I made a to-do list for next semester. It'll probably grow, but this is what I have so far. Hopefully you guys can click on it and read it.


Here are some random pictures I thought I'd throw in



Here's one that relates to the last blog about GYRAD--you'll get a kick out of it. My RA took this and it was during dinner. This was only like half an hour after meeting Beau. You can see us in the background talking and I think you can FEEL my nervousness. But he is wearing the sweater, which makes me smile. Now you guys can share my experience. haha.




And finally, a video of the Christmas Fireworks at Disney. I went with Vanessa and Ernesto on my birthday. It was really fun. I just love the 2 of them as a couple and I love hanging out with them.
Wish you all were here! <3

2 comments:

Holly said...

You have support from me. Come by anytime, day or night, Ashley-girl! Love you! Now to see your video...

BTW the notebook paper list really looks 3-D on my screen...and it's a good list!! Take pictures of each, too, for me, ok?

Joy said...

I approve of your list!

And the pic is awesome, heh. Argyle ftw! :)

Love you, and can't wait to see you.