Today was a rainy day in Costa Mesa. It actually looked like a hurricane outside. The wind blew the pouring rain horizontally and the palm trees whipped forcefully, looking like they'd bend until they'd break.
Sitting and watching from the window, a few of us girls decided that we could either stay inside all day, watching semi-good movies and "doing homework," or we could seize the opportunity to have fun outside.
So we went outside to play. :)
We climbed trees, spun around in the grass, jumped in puddles, even hopped the fence into the baseball field and played in the mud. (Thankfully we didn't get caught and fined by campus security.)
Before....
After!
As we frolicked through God's nature, I couldn't help but be reminded that THIS is how life is supposed to be. You and I were created to worship in nature, to laugh, to enjoy one another, to explore and play and be alive.
How often do we get wrapped up in the tasks of life and forget to love life? How often do we waste a rainy day inside?
I'm just reminded today how blessed I am to be living on this great planet we call earth, and I'm reminded how God knew exactly what he was doing when he created everything, and he knows exactly what he's doing now :)




1 comments:
I LOVEEEE playing in the rain, it always puts things in perspective. Glad you had such a good day. :)
Post a Comment