Sunday, April 19, 2009

STOKED

So today I babysat for my parents' friend Lindsay. He has twin 5 month olds, a boy and girl. We've known Lindsay for a long time. He's just a brilliant man. He's rich and has so many connections. ha. He's been to 100 countries, he's deeply intellectual and theological, but also just so cool to hang out with. His wife was out and he and I took care of the babies today.

We started talking about my wanting to write novels one day. He asked how good I was at writing and I told him I'm pretty good--as far as technicality and creativity both go. He then told me that he has a book proposal/story idea.

In a nutshell, he has this really good, well-planned out storyline/character, but he doesn't really write. So he wants ME to write it for him!
He has publishing connections, so he can get it published when/if I write it.

He said worst case scenario--the publishers reject it, but he'll pay me 2 grand.
Best case scenario--in one year, we'll sign a contract for a million dollars and split the profits. He said he will use some of those profits to take me to any country I want to with one person (I'll probably pick my mom, sorry guys)

He then showed me his library....it looked like Heaven (to me.) He has the library of a genius. No joke. He has books that no one else has. Everything from Hebrew bibles, to an original robe from the Ming Dynasty, the to a 16th century copy of the Koran, to Native American readings and even an original scroll from the Renaissance of the book of Esther! I was seriously in awe.

His library/experiences are going to guide the novel.

So I'm beyond stoked. He's scanning his blueprint and e mailing it to me and then we're going to play it by ear. The plan is to have it done in a year!

I'll have to keep you all updated....but for now it's pretty top secret. ;)

0 comments: