So in my political science class there's this guy who is a cowboy. Or...thinks he is. I dunno.
He has the hat, the tight pants with the huge belt buckle, the boots, the accent, etc.
However, he is not a hot cowboy. He's like the cowboy in the movies that hot cowboys tie up and shoot.
I thought he'd be from Texas but he said he's from southern Missouri near the Arkansas border. That's near Tablerock lake so I can vouch for that--it is HICKTOWN USA.
So today we talked about seperation of church and state and our professor explained that a teacher could never, for example, walk into a public high school classroom and go, "ok everyone let's pray to Jesus before we start class."And we were all like okay. We know this.
Mr. Cowboy, however, had to put in his two cents. (He is always making closed-minded conservative remarks that make the rest of us conservatives look bad)
He says, "Then my high school totally violated the constitution. Cuz every mornin' the whole school, all two hunnerd of us, stood around the flagpole, held hands, and prayed and said the pledge."
---awkward silence----
and the teacher was like "wow..."
and he continues, "that's just all that people know down there. No one thinks anything of it and no one would challenge it. If there was someone who didn't believe it or took a stand, they'd get run outta town with dogs shotguns. That's my hometown."
And then I whisper, "Is dancing outlawed there too?"
And the (hot) late 20's guy who sits in front of me burst out laughing. I was glad he understood the reference.
Speaking of Kevin Bacon, (if I had a nickel for every time I said that one) I hear they're making a new footloose--starring Zac Efron??
Say it isn't so... :(
I am, however, STOKED too see Seventeen Again. Don't judge me.
Taylore
8 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment