Secondly, just wanted to throw some prayer requests out there:
-That I get my schoolwork done on time and don't procrastinate
-That I find a way to volunteer somewhere and get involved with a small group at a church
-That this weekend when my mom and sisters come see me we have an amazing time
-That God gives me new ideas for stories, as I feel like I always need to be working on something, you know? I have to keep writing so I don't lose any talent or slack too much
-That I stay healthy in body and mind as I change so rapidly
-Discernment in who I spend time with (guys and girls)
-That I get more comfortable and confident with driving in California. Also for safety when I do.
-More amazing experiences
Sorry, I didn't plan on sounding too demanding. I guess there was just a lot.
Some updates:
-One of my roommates is Puerto Rican, the other is Mexican, so I am basically a Spanish whiz now. The three of us speak in spanish to each other in our room about 75% of the time. It's fun.
-I've gotten A's on all of my tests so far (pray it stays that way!)
-I have decided to minor in Women's Studies! Yay!
-I am working on my people-pleasing problem. One of my professors, who is a therapist, suggested Harriet Braiker's book The Disease to Please. I am reading it now. Hopefully I will stop apologizing all the time. Ha.
-I wear my hair curly all the time now. I'm sure you're all happy about that. Yes, I finally caved.
-I have gotten involved in the Live 2 Free club at school, which is an anti-human trafficking/anti-domestic violence/women's rights club. It's really awesome so far.
-I am thinking about doing a summer internship with XXX Church. If you haven't heard of them, check out their website. It's an amazing ministry. The internship would mean that I would get to go into strip clubs and brothels and do ministry and just love the women there. But it would also mean that I would have to spend all summer in Las Vegas (hot!) and I'd miss everyone.
So pray for me as I try and decide where God wants me this summer. Check out this site and watch the video for a preview of what I'd be doing: stripchurch.com
-And finally, I have a new obsession. There's a guy on youtube who calls himself ShayCarl. He is making a video of every day of his 29th year. He is really funny and his wife and kids are so cute. He's pretty obnoxious but he doesn't cuss or anything and it's all just cute, family fun. So if you ever need a "reality show" to watch/get addicted to, go here: youtube.com/user/SHAYTARDS
My personal favorite vlog so far is the one titled "broken nose." Check it out.
I love you all and miss you! If you ever want to call me or video chat me or whatever, please do!




1 comments:
Okay, so first off, I apologize for not calling or video chatting. It's not for lack of wanting to, just lack of time to do so!
Second, I love reading about your fabulous life. It makes me feel like I'm reading really articulate and witty tabloids that happen to actually be true, and I actually know the person instead of just pretending to...okay, so it's not a perfect analogy, but whatev. :)
You are in my thoughts and prayers, lovely.
Post a Comment